The London born artist based in Brooklyn, New York Shantell Martin has definitely written her name all over it. When Ms. Strauss and her partner, Holly Hobart invited Shantell to move into the top floor of the 1890s brownstone they own in Bedford-Stuyvesant, it was understood that she would draw on the walls. “It seemed natural we’d let her have this large canvas on the top floor to do her thing,” Ms. Strauss said.The plan was to only decorate a smaller section in her bedroom, but she couldn’t put the pen down.The result makes it clear and obvious.
- Eyeo Festival, Shantell Martin.
- Digital artist Shantell Martin: Rethinking the box
- Shantell Martin: be more, do less
- From London to Bed-Stuy, These Doodles Don’t Stop
- Springsessions 2012 conference for electronic art, technology and design